Monday 22 July 2024

SPICY MIXED VEGETABLE SOUP




MY SOUP BOWL HAS TO BE TASTY!

I made this soup in February 2022. I can make soups but I rarely do. However, I enjoy only a few variety of soups, neither maintain the authenticity while making it. I would add this and that to make it suit our tastebuds. I like mushroom soups but it is bland, I add crushed black pepper and Tabasco to enjoy a bowlful of it. I want to say that I follow no rule whilst cooking a soup and having it. You cannot associate my soups to a particular cuisine. I would do anything. You can see I have added a couple of spices in it, somewhere I had a mulgatawny soup, I liked. May be ideas for recipes keep coming this way.

YESTERDAY'S BENGALI LUNCH I THOROUGHLY ENJOYED!

Only that the fish piece was too big for me. As a young girl I loved bigger steaks of fresh water fish curries, today I cannot. I was enjoying the piece but the amount felt too much. Now onwards, I may buy a Bengal Carp only when I would get a fresh one weighing 5 kilograms and above. Though I am fond of the smaller fish varieties, the smaller Bengal Carp fish do not taste good here, the rest in our home fear the bones.  


My mother-in-law and her son are fond of fleshy, less boney fish, long back I used to love fleshy pieces but not anymore. It is surprising how I enjoy tiny and smaller fish varieties these days. How I created scenes if one day the mother did not cook a big, fleshy fish besides a small fish & vegetables dish. I had thrown a lot of tantrums as a girl with regards to food, our mother never said no to it, she should have. The man and the son never did that to me. If the son did not like the food I cooked, he ordered food from outside using the pocket money we gave him. We do miss him around but you have to let them fly in time, they have to learn to be independent. We have to keep praying for their well being. There was a time the doctor barred me from reading the newspaper as part of my treatment. In the present day, I cannot stay off from the news, my anxiety level shoots up but I cannot call back my child and stop his growth, that is wrong. You have to assess the potential of your child and encourage him or her to achieve things as per his or her ability.

 

Yesterday evening was pretty hot, I wasn't feeling to cook anything for dinner. The man is not an issue, he is happy with an egg-potato boil, butter or ghee rice on his plate. But I am avoiding rice two times a day and I did not cook any dish suitable to have with breads. At one point, I felt like going to the mall opposite and get meals for us. Then, I was feeling lazy enough to change over, also we were waiting for the son's call. The man can skip dinner, wouldn't go and buy food. We do not use apps to order food like the brother who does it often, the son too does. I made those vegetables paratha. The dough got overly moist, they are not looking good. We enjoyed having it with pickle.

WHAT IS SPICY MIXED VEGETABLE SOUP?

You all know I can't have bland food. Even a mushroom soup requires some condiments to be added to suit my tastebud. I like a mushroom soup, hence I take the effort. Though I like soup, I do not cook it often because I enjoy cooking a variety, it is never a compulsion for me. Why to limit myself to salads and soups? But I have the plan to cook them often once I finish the first round of updating my blog. I would prefer a Bengali mixed vegetable bowl with or without small fish over a salad bowl. Bengalis have such a wide variety of vegetable recipes in their repertoire, at least my family has. Soups do happen rarely, when I do I must make them suitable for my taste bud. From the stepwise pictures later you can see how I made a pretty spicy vegetarian, gluten-free soup; SPICY MIXED VEGETABLE SOUP. Skip the butter to make it vegan.



INGREDIENTS :

FRENCH BEAN : 6-7
POTATO : 1 BIG SIZED
BROCCOLI : 1 STANDARD SIZED
CARROT : 2 STANDARD SIZED
CELERY STALK : 2
TOMATO : 1 BIG SIZED
ONION : 1 STANDARD SIZED
GARLIC CLOVE : 3-4
DRY RED CHILLI : 1
CUMIN POWDER : 1 TSP
CORIANDER POWDER : 1 TSP
CRUSHED BLACK PEPPER : 1 /4 TSP
TOMATO CHILLI SAUCE : 2 TBSP
VEGETABLE STOCK CUBE : 1 [MAGGI OR KNORR]
SALT : AS REQUIRE
BUTTER : 2-3 TBSP

METHOD :


Wash and cut the vegetables randomly. Wash again and take them in a pressure cooker with the dry red chilli, cumin powder, coriander powder and salt.

Add 1 & 1/2 coffee mugs of water and close the lid tight. Pressure cook up to 4-5 whistles keeping the heat at minimal. Let cool once done.

Open the lid, blend the boiled vegetable in a blender. Do it in batches. Strain the semi-liquid mixture.

Pour the mixture in a vessel and switch on the gas stove. Add the vegetable stock cube, crushed black pepper, butter. Adjust the salt if only required. 

Give a stir and simmer at minimal heat for 4-5 minutes stirring continuously.

Enjoy it fresh and Hot with toasted bread or steamed rice or thin roti. I however made some "koraishutir kochuri" to  go with the soup.






 

No comments :

Post a Comment